If you like your BBQ sauce a little sweet, a little spicy, and a little weird, go for it. Try making homemade yakiniku sauce. Yakiniku means “grilled meat” in Japanese, so the sauce clearly says it’s barbecue sauce. It’s the perfect marinade to add sweetness and Asian-inspired ginger. You can also add (with some crushed red pepper) to your chicken or pork steak. Or just use as dipping sauce, dipping sauce like other barbecue sauces.
Try this yakiniku sauce with vegetables. There’s an earthy taste behind the sweetness that brings broccoli or cauliflower to life. It turns a simple vegetable dish into something more. This is a great crudite sauce. Especially if you’re looking for something a little more special than usual.
Like this recipe? You’ll also love these:
- Homemade Yum Yum Sauce: The popular steak sauce is easy to make at home.
- Sriracha Lemon Sauce: This goes well with chicken or steak and is great as a dipper.
- Spicy plum sauce: One of our favorite dipping sauces for banh cuon. And it works great with chicken fingers. hot and sweet
Homemade Yakiniku Sauce
delicious grilled meat
10 minutes prep time
Cooking time 10 minutes
Serve 16 meals
Calories 16 kcal
- Soy sauce 1/3 cup
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper, or to your liking, coarsely or finely pounded
- Mirin for flavoring can be used in place of cooking wine.
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir.
Pour the sauce into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Once it has boiled, turn down the heat and let the sauce thicken. As it thickens, adjust the red pepper, miso, and mirin (or cooking sake) until the desired flavor balance is achieved.
Turn off the heat and let the sauce cool. Use immediately or for best flavor Cover the yakiniku sauce and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours to let the flavors blend.
Calories: 16kcal Carbohydrates: 3g Protein: 1g Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 318mg Potassium: 22mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2gVitamin A: 150 IUVitamin C: 0.1mg Calcium: 3mg Iron: 0.2mg
Keyword: ground red chili
Categories: Food & Drinks
Source: INN NEW YORK CITY