You must have enjoyed the greasy and slightly spicy Yum Yum sauce at Hibachi Japanese Steakhouse. Few things go well with so many things: steak, shrimp, chips, fried rice and blanched veggies, to name a few. They are delicious and – the good news – easy to make at home. How many minutes
The heat of our homemade Yum Yum sauce is very mild. It just touches a little paprika. some cayenne pepper Plus a little bit of spice from the garlic powder. Want more of it? Increase the heat by adding cayenne pepper to 1/2 teaspoon to start. add more as needed
Make sure to let the sauce rest for at least an hour before using for the flavors to fully blend. The sauce won’t really have the right Yum Yum flavor until then.
Want to see more ideas for this amazing sauce? Check out our post to break down six uses for Yum Yum Sauce.
Like this recipe? You’ll also love these:
- Homemade Sriracha: Making the famous chili garlic sauce is a fun kitchen adventure.
- DIY Harissa Recipe: This popular Tunisian harissa is filled with spices. spicy and delicious
- Homemade Yakiniku Sauce: If you like sweet BBQ sauce. You will want to try this recipe.
Homemade Yum Yum Sauce
Delicious steaks and more
Preparation time 5 minutes
total time 5 minutes
32 servings serving
Calories 64 kcal
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon tomato powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Calories: 64kcal Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 1g Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 60mg Potassium: 4mg Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1gVitamin A: 41 IUVitamin C: 1mg Calcium: 1mg Iron: 1mg
Keyword chili powder, chili powder
Categories: Food & Drinks
Source: INN NEW YORK CITY