What could be fresher than watermelon? Very little in our book. Add bright grass-biting jalapeno peppers and you’ve got a summer salad that’s sure to turn heads. This is a fruit salad that is perfect as an appetizer. It was a light lunch. or even as a dessert It transcends the boundaries of the meal.
Jalapeños are moderately spicy. (2,500 to 8,000 Scoville heat units), so it’s not just about simmering. But not as spicy as many chili peppers. It is the paprika that can be enjoyed the most. However, you have a few options for controlling the heat of your spicy melon salad.
First, reduce (or increase) the amount of chili used. Even if this works, you’ll lose some of the “green” that goes well with red watermelons aesthetically. You can also prepare and serve salads right away. instead of chilling a few hours in advance. The longer you leave the salad, the better it tastes. The spiciness of the jalapenos permeates the salad even more. It will be especially spicy because watermelon is very spongy.
Finally, choosing a different chili is an option. Green Serrano peppers have a grassy flavor. But they’re usually twice as hot as jalapenos if you want a milder flavor. You can use poblanos (1,000 to 1,500 SHU) or Anaheim (500 to 2,500 SHU), although there are some differences. soil
Love this salad? You’ll also love these:
- Spicy Mango Avocado Salad: This is another fruit salad that is like a meal. Mango and avocado combined with habaneros and ginger (in marinade).
- Smoked Chipotle Potato Salad: One of our favorite sides for grilled meat or fries. That smile is so delicious
- Spicy Beef Taco Salad: A fiery salad favorite. We use jalapenos and hot sauce. (of your choice) for heating
Delicious fruit salad can be eaten as a snack.
15 minutes prep time
Total time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Calories 140 kcal
- 6 cups watermelon cubes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup diced chives
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, optional
- salt to taste
Calories: 140kcal Carbohydrates: 20g Protein: 2g Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 6g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g Monounsaturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 5mg Potassium: 320mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 15g Vitamins A: 1403IUVVitamin C: 27mg.Calcium: 21mg.Iron: 1mg.
Categories: Food & Drinks
Source: INN NEW YORK CITY